From Bishop Johnston: an Invitation to Mass
As we begin to return to our public celebrations of Mass, I wish to invite all in our diocese to reflect more deeply on the value of Sunday, why God made it and what it means in the life of a disciple of Jesus Christ.“
As referred to in Fr. Justin’s bulletin column on June 7: Bishop Johnston’s video and pastoral letter on Keeping the Lord’s Day: Pastoral Letter on the Importance of Sunday
A note from Father Justin
Welcome back! After more than 200 days since our initial shutdown in the spring, our parish community has adjusted to many of the new conditions we find ourselves in. With the exception of Sundays, all of our pre-COVID Mass times have been up and running for several months. Confession times have expanded to include Tuesday and Thursday evenings. After delays, all First Communions and nearly all Confirmations have been successfully rescheduled and celebrated. Many postponed funerals and weddings from the summer are now being observed in these autumn months. In all of this, we have a renewed appreciation for the gift of being together.
I hope to see you at one of our many services to experience the gift of community, worshiping in a safe space, the one who enables our communion: Jesus Christ! – Fr. Justin
– Fr. Justin
- All Masses continue to be available online at stmkc.com/massonline soon after they are celebrated. “Like” our Facebook page to receive notices when they are posted.
- Public Masses
- Monday-Friday 6:15am & 8:15am and Saturday 8:15am, no sign up needed
- Sunday, 9:00AM and 11:00AM. FOR NOW YOU MUST SIGN UP BELOW.
- Also, please read the guidelines below.
Note: parishioners are still dispensed from attending Sunday Mass
Daily Masses have returned to the usual times of 6:15AM and 8:15AM, Monday through Friday.
Guidelines for attending Mass
- Masks must be worn to enter Church for public Masses (limited amounts of masks will be available at the door)
- Weekend Masses only: One must register (at least 24 hours in advance) to attend a Sunday Mass using the link below or by calling the parish office at (816) 942-2492
For prayer & Confessions
The Church remains open for private prayer and devotion: Mon-Fri (6-9AM and Noon-6PM), Sat (7-9AM & 3-6PM), Sun (9AM-Noon)
Confessions in May remain: Saturday 7:15-8AM and 3-3:45PM; Tuesday 5-6PM; Thursday 5-6PM