At the request of Fr. Don Farnan in late 2006, several gentlemen in the parish explored the possibility of creating a new Knights of Columbus council at St. Thomas More parish.
Led by Gene Twellman, the group met with men in the parish who were interested in becoming Knights. Others who were already Knights and were members of other councils indicated they would transfer if a council was formed at St.Thomas More.
Confident they could find the thirty members needed to start a council, the group moved forward, with strong support from Fr. Don and district Knights of Columbus officers.
On April 10, 2007, Saint Thomas More Council 14270 of the Knights of Columbus was chartered with 67 members. Gene Twellman was elected the council’s first Grand Knight.
Our council today
Making a Year-Round Impact at Saint Thomas More >
- Monday Knight Football
- Roses for Life campaign in support of pro-life
- Youth Free Throw Championship
- Youth Essay Contest
- STM School Awards Presentation
- Family Fun Knight with fun for all ages
- Youth Soccer Challenge
- Drive for Persons with Developmental Difficulties
- Columbus Knight Dinner (on Columbus Day)
- Year-end charitable donations
- Family dinners at local restaurants
- 7th & 8th grade mixers for STM students
- Sponsorship through Christian Foundation for Children
- Fifth Sunday Mass and breakfast for Knights and families
- Sponsorship of 3 on 3 basketball tournament to aid F.I.R.E. and Children’s Mercy Cancer Center
- Support for seminarians from our diocese
- Standing ready to assist when called upon by Father Justin